Published on Thursday, 07 June 2012
Packing is frustrating to say the least, from packing the kitchen to packing all the kids toys if you have kids and they have toys to packing the bedroom and all the contents of the bathroom. There are many ways we pack things, some of us just throw everything into trash bags and load the back of a car but the majority of us like to make sure we don't leave anything behind and everything arrives safely at its new destination and of course that we know where everything is once we start to unpack.
1) Remember to not overload boxes the average weight of a box should be around 30 pounds and if you need to pack a box heavier, say if you are packing a bunch of books try not to pack them more than 50 pounds. Also keep in mind that the more weight that a box will carry the smaller the box should be.
2) Trash bags can come in handy when moving as well but only for certain items, refrain from throwing your dishes into a plastic garbage bag. Pack things like comforters, sheets and linens as well as pillows into Trash bags and use industrial strength bags to avoid tears or punctures of the bag.
3) When packing dishes always use packing paper in-between the dishes so they don't clang together and break or just wrap them in bubble wrap. Most packing companies have specialty boxes for packing glassware; you may want to look into these as an option for packing fragile glassware.
4) To avoid confusion later mark all your boxes with an easy to see and recognizable colored marker, black works the best. This way you know at least which area the box comes from.
5) Make a box for things you know you will need right away and keep this box in an easy to find place so you can get to it right away. Things like your toothbrush, toiletries and towels and at least some cups are good to have in this box among other things.
6) Remember to have a little check list to go over so you don't miss anything. A check list can easily be found online and if you have a company do the moving for you they can readily provide you with a general checklist.
7) Remember not to leave any empty space in your boxes as you pack, use as much packing paper as you need. Packing paper is something that you don't want to scrimp on. Empty space allows for things to move around inside boxes while in transit and this can lead to the contents becoming damaged.
8) Keep all your packing materials in one place; this will keep things from being lost throughout the house while you are packing. If you do not have packing materials, get some!
9) Try to refrain from having packed boxes spread throughout the house; this makes it easy to forget things. Try to keep packed boxes in a central location out of the way of traffic.
10) Separate boxes that have fragile contents from the general group so these boxes can be loaded accordingly within a car or moving van.
How to find the right
Making Money from Unwanted Items Online
Published on Monday, 17 June 2013When you move home you will find that you will have many items you no longer need or want. Years of buying things mean you will have accumulated a small fortunes worth of now useless items. You will likely have spent thousands on moving home so being able to make money from your junk can be useful way of making a little money to help fund the move. Remember one man...2013-06-17 learn more
Choosing the Perfect Conveyancing Quote
Published on Saturday, 23 January 2010Conveyancing can be a very tough job. Unless you want to deal with legal terms, paperwork and real estate laws, it's best to hire a solicitor or conveyancer to help you complete the process of buying or selling property. Sometimes, though, the cheapest solicitor is not always the best. Here are some tips to help you choose the best conveyancing quote. *...2010-01-23 learn more
Learn More About One Way Van Rentals
Published on Thursday, 19 November 2009 Why do one way van rentals are becoming more popular by the day? Why do people prefer one way rentals of van more? First, one way rentals are cheaper and this is perfect to everybody moving on a tight budget. Second, it is less stressful. How are you going to find the best-priced one way van rentals, then? Get a list of van rentals near your place and phone...2009-11-19 learn more