Published on Wednesday, 06 October 2010
Packing delicate items for a move can prove to be a very risky affair. Careful handling is needed to ensure that all your items arrive in one piece. When packing delicate items such as picture frames, mirrors and paintings you will have to prepare the following:
· Blank white paper or bubble wrap
· Mirror boxes
1. When selecting a box for the painting or picture, pick the ones that are one size bigger than the item.
2. Keep the box flat or break it apart if it is not yet assembled.
3. Wrap the frame or the painting with a large piece of bubble wrap or packing paper.
4. Slide the item inside the box and secure it with a packing tape.
5. Label the box with ‘fragile' and its location; for instance, fragile-Living Room.
6. When loading the box on the truck, make sure it is lying sideways. Pictures and paintings are more vulnerable in their flat state.
Things to Remember:
For extra support and protection, you may purchase some special cardboard protectors when packing delicate items. Wardrobe box may also be more appropriate for stack series of picture frames. On the moving truck, be sure to pack pictures on the edges to keep them from falling over. You can block them with heavier boxes to stop them from shifting during the transit.
How to find the right
Moving Advice - How to Stay Motivated for a Move
Published on Saturday, 07 May 2011 Motivation is an important aspect of a successful move. But when you start to actually pack, the mere sight of the items you have to work on can be overwhelming. Even if you have hired movers for the packing, the sorting, cleaning, unpacking and arranging can still be a nightmare. So, what should you do to stay driven and get moving? 1. So...2011-05-07 learn more
How to Truly Save Money during Your Move
Published on Sunday, 11 April 2010 Moving can surely be expensive. If you do not watch your expenses, it could really eat up a large chunk of your monthly budget. That is why many are encouraged to seek free boxes from grocery stores just to save money. Saving on boxes is not wrong. But it becomes a mistake when you use the boxes for the wrong type of items. If you want to use free boxes, ...2010-04-11 learn more
Keep Busy to Avoid a Tearful Move
Published on Sunday, 21 March 2010 As you start emptying each room, you can't help but feel emotional about your move. True, it's difficult to leave all the happy and irreplaceable memories you had in your house. But it is time to open a new chapter in your life now. In your new house, you can always make new memories to cherish. You can cry all you want, but make sure it is not because of stres...2010-03-21 learn more