Published on Sunday, 10 June 2012
Making sure that everything is taken care of before a move is one of the most complicated things to do in the general process of moving. Moving a home doesn't just involve packing all the clothes from the closet, the kitchen and moving the furniture. It is basically the whole relocation of a life in most circumstances, especially if the move is anything over 30 kilometers away. So there are many things to take care of before and during the move that should not be left undone or it may end up costing more than paying off. Some of the most important things to take care of before a home or office removal will be outlined here so you can be prepared.
1) Collect all your family's medical records and school records because if you have kids they will need both of these to get into their new school. Even if it is just you, medical records will be needed for your new doctor's office.
2) For those who are dependent on certain medications it is best to check if there is a local branch of your current pharmacy near your new location. If there is make sure to refill your prescriptions and have them transfer your refills to the new location. If you do not have a local branch of your current pharmacy nearby the new destination then it is best to find one and have everything that needs to be done, finished before you arrive to be on the safe side.
3) Make sure that your bank has a local branch in the new location and if not, set up a new account with a new bank so you can make sure that you have access to your money or savings account.
4) Schedule a time if necessary for the current landlord to pick up the pair of house keys that you have. A good time for this is at the same time you sche3dule for a walkthrough of the home to assess damages with your landlord. This should not be overlooked if there was a deposit involved in the rental agreement, otherwise you may miss out on receiving the deposit back.
5) Get in touch with the utilities departments of the old home and have the utilities disconnected on your move out date and schedule a time for the utilities department in the new location to connect the water and power at the time of your arrival or ahead of time. Getting the utilities disconnected is something that should not be overlooked as it can wind up costing you precious money or can end up with you having a debt you didn't create. Making sure that the new home or apartment has utilities is equally important.
These are some of the most important things to take care of before moving into your new place and if these things are taken care of and treated with the attention they deserve, it can prevent a major debacle later. Print this out if necessary so you do not forget anything in this article.
How to find the right
How To Sell Your Home Easily
Published on Thursday, 19 May 2011 The real estate market is on tough waters today. More and more people are selling their home and this made the competition harder. That is why if you are considering selling your home, there are some things that you need to do. First, you have to find yourself a good real estate agent. Select the best one that could really help you. You should have an open commun...2011-05-19 learn more
A Moving Day with the Pets
Published on Saturday, 21 August 2010 Pets are probably the most neglected living things in the house - besides plants - when a move is in the works. But if you don't take proper care of your pets during a move, then you can run into some problems with your pets. For one, many pets are territorial. Many don't like being taken away from familiar spaces, so you need to take steps to enable th...2010-08-21 learn more
Tips On How To Move Without The Help Of Professional Movers
Published on Tuesday, 24 November 2009 A lot of people who move today rely on the assistance provided by the professional removalist company in order to avoid the loads of work and stress brought by the activity. But what if you don't have enough money to pay for the services offered by those professional movers? You have no other choice but to perform the move using your own wits and strength. &...2009-11-24 learn more